Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Deep Creek Open, McHenry, Maryland



After a very miserable weather on Saturday we got some sunlight on Sunday. I had a chance to paddle at Deep Creek Lake in the morning with my friend and watched the slalom competition at ASCI (Adventure Sports Center International) in the afternoon. I can't think of a better day than this. Do you ? I've never watched the game before. It was so fun to watch. I guess once you know how hard it is you start to feel it in your blood. I can't help feeling jealous of those with the perfect high brace though. :P


The age of the competitors varied from 12 to over 50 years old. Many of them were teenage. But it doesn't mean much here. I think the fierce look and the smile on their face while paddling through the crazy water and after they completed it were priceless.




I don't know much about the rules yet but I am sure I'll dig into it soon. I hope you enjoy the photos from the game as much as I do.


Click here to view these pictures larger

Click here to view these pictures larger

Click here to view these pictures larger

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about McHenry to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete