Saturday, August 18, 2012

Low Brace and High Brace

I spent over 3 hours on the lake today. My instructor let me try his Jackson Journey 13 and 14 to fool around while he was teaching others. I enjoy doing series of strokes and maneuvers. Love the feeling of the boat gliding through the water. But when it comes to bracing...ugh. Probably because I am uncomfortable with being on the edge of capsize. well...I know they're essential.

And let's not talk about wet exit practice. I am so bad at flipping the boat back. I haven't successfully rolled either but I do think about taking pool rolling class during winter...just to keep my paddling spirit high. :) (Yesterday I saw a video on how to do sweep roll and I feel like I want to try it. I guess that's a good sign!)

So next time I am on the water I am going to practice bracing. I promise!



Oh and I won't believe the weather forecast anymore. It said we would get few showers. It was so sunny that I turned brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment